This recipe is one I found after trying several of them out. This one is beyond restaurant quality and the only one that wasn’t overly dense or dry. I found it on the The Country Cook’s site and adapted it to my tastes. I doubled all the ingredients for left over ready dish.
- 2 pounds 80/20 ground beef
- 1.5 cups milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup of Italian or plain breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon Balsamic Vinegar
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl (except ketchup & balsamic vinegar).
- Shape into a loaf on a sheet pan.
- Spread ketchup & balsamic vinegar mixture over meatloaf.
- Cook for an hour to an hour and 15 minutes (or until a meat thermometer reads 160 degrees).
- Once dissolved, stir into the cooked rice. When you pour this in to the rice it will seem very wet. Keep stirring and the rice will dry as it cools. Set rice aside.