Unbeatable Sausage Gravy and Biscuits
- 1 can Pillsbury or equivalent refrigerated biscuits
- 12 oz bulk pork sausage, I use a mild Italian to give some spice
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse ground black pepper
- 3 cups milk
- Heat oven to 350°F. Bake biscuits as directed on can.
- Meanwhile, crumble sausage into large skillet. Cook over medium-high heat until browned and no longer pink, stirring frequently.
- With wire whisk, stir in flour, salt and pepper. Gradually stir in milk. Cook until mixture thickens, stirring constantly. Split warm biscuits; place on serving plates. Serve sausage mixture over warm split biscuits.
Source: Recipe originally from Pillsbury.com and modified to my liking.